Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Summer Fun Skirt

My little princess LOVES dresses and skirts. In fact, when i ask her in the morning if she wants to wear a dress or pants she 95% of the time will say "dress!!" However, she's super tall and has what we like to call "Polynesian bum"...a large tuchus :) but it's super cute!! So, dresses that we find in the store are usually too short for her, and if we do find one that's long enough in the front, it's often too short in the back. Lucky for her, she has a mom that knows how to sew :) :) :)

I found this cute pattern for a skirt called "The Market Skirt" here, and made a few minor adjustments for my baby girl; like no pockets, longer and wider pieces (I like the ruffled look) and had at it! My daughter just loves it, and wants to wear it all the time. Guess I'm going to have to make some more!

She just adores modeling her dresses, so she asked me to take a picture of her in her "pretty"!!


This was also one of my STF projects....I am on a ROLL!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So Cute! I hadn't checked this blog for a while--you've been busy! I have a project I might have to get your help on. You know how good I am at following a pattern :)