Thursday, April 29, 2010

Perfect Intentions...

As I was playing with my kids yesterday, I had this GREAT idea for a cute summer skirt for my baby girl pop into my mind. So, I quickly got out a paper bag (to make a pattern) and got to work...

After about 20 minutes or making calculations, drawing pictures, and cutting out decals for it, I was ready to cut and sew!

So, i cut, ironed, pined, and sewed for about an hour - getting it all perfect and just the way I wanted it...then I pulled my daughter to me to try it on her and then...

BABY DIAPER BUM got in the way!!!

It made me laugh because I had just finished talking about it before I made the pattern, and still didn't include it in my pattern making... Clearly, my daughter is not meant for pencil skirts!

So, this absolutely adorable skirt that I spent so much time working on will be going to Cousin Ava...cause she's so skinny and barely has a bum worth mentioning :) :) :)
As soon as it's completely finished, I'll take some pictures of it on Cousin and post them...

No comments: