Monday, June 21, 2010

Brave...or something like that :)

I have seen a number of people do scrappy sewing with their scraps, but I never really have done "scrappy" sewing with my scraps, just real stuff (planned out and everything)... I decided that it was time to be brave and try it.

I am making place-mats for my fam, and realized that I needed one more. But, I didn't want to have to design something to only make one of it...so I decided to do something scrappy!!!

So, I got out my scrap bucket and my scrap bag...I have 2, one for BIGGER pieces and one for SMALLER pieces...really I should just combine them :) Then the hardest part for me...truly, honestly picking pieces without looking! I always try to match (I know, not ok). But this time, I would close my eyes, pick a piece and sew it to the next piece without looking. There would be spots where I would CRINGE at what I picked out, but I still sewed it to the last piece...and this is what I got!
I am proud of myself...still not sure if i
LOVE it, but it's not bad for my first try. I had a few pukas and a few 'gathers', but again...first try :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

Well I like it.....in my opion that is how to make a crazy quilt...lots of blocks just like the scrapy block you showed...where you just pulled piecies out and sewed them.