Thursday, July 8, 2010

BackPack Pattern...

Katie over at Kwilting with Katie asked me to do a test run on a back-pack pattern that she had created! Of course I jumped at the chance....
This is a picture of the bag she made from the pattern....I just love the red, white and blue....you?!?!
So, I decided to try some things that were a little different with mine, and I just love it!


I actually made my top with elastic instead of a pull-tie; mostly because I didn't have the proper materials at 10:00 at night....but it turned out ok. However, I will do the ties next time!! The thing I like best that I did was my straps, I did a small portion at the bottom with the same color as my contrast color, then the rest a normal color. I think it adds some fun character!! I just love it. Isn't Katie just so creative?!?!?! Next I'm going to try my hand at that super cute "Uncle Sam" character on her bag.....

4 comments:

quiltingnana said...

the bags are darling!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

It came out great! I need to learn how to follow a pattern

Katie :o) said...

Oh! I love it, Jaici!!!! I am over here doing the happy, happy, happy dance :o) Your bag is beautiful! Thank you so, so, soooooo much for giving the pattern a test run :o)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your bag looks great!